How to Find an Affordable Roofing Contractor near University Place Washington
When your roof is old or damaged and you need a local roofing contractor in University Place WA, it is imperative that you find a qualified professional that is not only licensed but screened for your peace of mind and protection. The roofer that you ultimately choose must be able to handle any job that involves shingles, including repairing, water proofing, removing snow or building a new roof. She or he should also be a specialist that works exclusively in the roofing trade as either a small one man shop with a crew or as part of a large construction company. But perhaps most important of all is to hire a roofing contractor that has earned an exceptional reputation for quality workmanship at affordable prices. And before the project even begins, you must obtain a written estimate with all of the details so that you will know how much the project costs before making your final decision. That is how a professional contractor conducts business. So how do you locate the best roofing professional for your home? Let’s take a look at some of the critical factors to consider before hiring a licensed professional near you.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of University Place WA roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed University Place WA roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three University Place WA roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable University Place WA roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your Washington Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the University Place WA roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional University Place WA roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in University Place WA and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in University Place Washington?
If you live in the University Place WA area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
University Place, Washington
University Place received its name in the 1800s when the University of Puget Sound, a private liberal-arts college in North Tacoma, purchased land along the primary north-south route of Grandview Drive. The school sought to build a new campus there, but ended up selling the land back to the city for about $11,000. University Place remained an unincorporated part of Pierce County until the City of University Place was formed on August 31, 1995.
Today, University Place is largely suburban in character and functions as a mixed business and residential area with waterfront on the Puget Sound. The town is home to Curtis Senior High School and Charles Wright Academy.
University Place's news is primarily covered by The News Tribune (Tacoma), and is also covered by University Place Patch, a hyper-local news website that launched in October 2010, and sometimes by news media in Seattle. Earlier newspapers for the community were the weekly Suburban Times (1970s), published by Dave Sclair (who, starting in 1970, also published Western Flyer); and, in the 1980s, the Lakewood Press, published by Grace T. Eubanks and later Dane S. Claussen, which launched the University Place Press as a monthly and then biweekly before it folded in early 1989.
Roofing Prices University Place WA
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding Roofing Prices. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right University Place WA roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in Washington