How to Hire a Reliable Roofer near Wilberforce Ohio
When your roof is leaking and you need a local roofing contractor in Wilberforce OH, it is important that you find a qualified professional that is not only screened but licensed for your peace of mind and protection. The roofer that you ultimately select should be able to handle any job that involves shingles, including fixing leaks, applying water proof coatings, snow removal or building a new roof. She or he should also be a specialist that works solely in the roofing trade as either a small one man shop with a crew or as part of a large construction company. But undoubtedly most important of all is to hire a roofing contractor that has built an outstanding reputation for quality workmanship at affordable prices. And before work even starts, you must receive a written estimate with all of the specifics so that you will know how much the job costs before making your final decision. That is how a professional company conducts business. So just how do you locate the right roofing company for your home? Let’s take a look at some of the important factors to consider before hiring a licensed professional near you.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of Wilberforce OH roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed Wilberforce OH roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three Wilberforce OH roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable Wilberforce OH roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your Ohio Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the Wilberforce OH roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional Wilberforce OH roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in Wilberforce OH and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in Wilberforce Ohio?
If you live in the Wilberforce OH area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
Wilberforce is a census-designated place (CDP) in Greene County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,271 at the 2010 census, up from 1,579 at the 2000 census. The community was named for the English statesman William Wilberforce, who worked for the abolition of slavery and achieved the end of the slave trade in the United Kingdom and its empire. The community is home to Wilberforce University and Central State University, two historically black universities.
Wilberforce is located in central Greene County at 39°42′57″N 83°52′48″W / 39.71583°N 83.88000°W / 39.71583; -83.88000 (39.715739, -83.880022). It is bordered to the southwest by the city of Xenia, the county seat. Wilberforce is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area.
U.S. Route 42 passes through the community, leading southwest 3.5 miles (5.6 km) to the center of Xenia and northeast 4.5 miles (7.2 km) to Cedarville. Downtown Dayton is 19 miles (31 km) to the west of Wilberforce.
Roof Replacement Estimate Wilberforce OH
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding Roof Replacement Estimate. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Wilberforce OH roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in Ohio