How to Find a Qualified Roofing Contractor near Alpine Arizona
When your roof is old or damaged and you need a local roofing contractor in Alpine AZ, it is imperative that you find a qualified professional that is not only screened but licensed for your peace of mind and protection. The roofer that you ultimately hire should be able to handle any job that involves shingles, including repairing, water proofing, removing snow or installing a new roof. She or he should also be a specialist that works exclusively in the roofing trade as either a small one man shop with a crew or as part of a larger construction company. But perhaps most important of all is to find a roofing company that has built an outstanding reputation for quality workmanship at reasonable prices. And before work even begins, you must obtain a written estimate with all of the details so that you will know how much the project costs before making your final decision. That is how a professional contractor conducts business. So just how do you find the best roofing contractor for your home? Let’s take a look at some of the important factors to consider before hiring a licensed contractor in your area.
Roof Installation, Inspection or Repair
The following list of roofing installation, maintenance and repair services are offered by the majority of Alpine AZ roofers. Since this is only a partial list it is not all inclusive of the services offered. If you are in need of a roofing service not listed below and would like a proposal from our featured vendor, please be sure to inquire with your quote request if that service is available in your area.
- Residential and Commercial Roofing
- New Roof Installation or Replacement
- Roof Inspection and Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Snow Removal
- Shingle Replacement
- Skylight Installation
- Water Proofing and Coatings
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Roofing is a trade or a profession that each State regulates and licenses. It requires experience and expertise and is generally not the type of work that should be entrusted to a “jack of all trades” or a handyman. So, if your roof has leak or it finally needs to be replaced, it is extremely important that you hire the services of a licensed Alpine AZ roofing contractor. Following are some of the critical steps that you should take before selecting a professional roofer for your repair or replacement job.
- Consult with a minimum of 3 Local Roofing Contractors. Speaking with at least three Alpine AZ roofers will give you a good idea of what the job entails and what it should cost. However, you should not make your decision based exclusively on the lowest bid. Be cautious of any excessively high or low quotes as well and ask the contractor why the extreme difference in cost. Also, work only with contractors that have an established local presence. Avoid “storm chasers” or door to door salesmen who claim they can get your insurance to pay for the whole job.
- Check Licensing and Credentials. Be sure to do your due diligence regarding any of the contractors that you are considering hiring. Professional and reputable Alpine AZ roofing companies will be licensed and insured for both your and their protection. They should also be willing to provide at least 3 references from past local customers, preferably providing photos of their finished work. Be sure to contact the references and ask if they have been completely satisfied with the work. Checking with your Arizona Attorney General for complaints filed, the Better Business Bureau or online review services are some of the other ways you can determine if they do excellent work.
- Get it all in Writing. Be sure to obtain and review your contract very carefully with the Alpine AZ roofing contractor present so that you can address any questions. If you are not clear regarding any of the terms, have a lawyer review it first before signing. Make sure that you completely understand the warranty and payment schedule. Finally, confirm that all services to be performed that are included in the contract are clearly detailed, including such things as the materials or shingles to be used, the hauling away the old shingles and the general clean up after the job.
- Verify Permits and Insurance. Before allowing any work to begin, make sure that any permits that are required are properly obtained and displayed. This is something that any professional Alpine AZ roofing contractor will be happy to take care of as part of their service under the contract. Also, make sure that the contractor’s employees are protected by Workers Compensation Insurance and that you and your home are both protected with Liability Insurance. You can request Certificates of Insurance that will provide proof that the coverages are in order. It is a good idea to also call the insurance provider to confirm that the policies have not lapsed. Finally, check with your own insurance company if the roof repair or replacement work is covered under your policy to ensure that all requirements have been satisfied and approval given before any work begins.
- Pay for Work as Completed. Do not pay for the entire roofing project in advance. If the contractor requires full immediate payment in the contract, don’t sign it. A “Good Faith” initial deposit combined with a payment schedule based on the work completed is a fairly common practice in Alpine AZ and is reasonable. Also, if possible pay with a credit card instead of with a check or cash. Most credit card vendors offer some form of purchase protection, which will make it easier in case of a dispute and can eliminate the need to go to court to recoup your investment.
Need a New Roof in Alpine Arizona?
If you live in the Alpine AZ area and are in need of a good, reliable as well as affordable roofing contractor, following is some background information about your hometown that may be of interest.
Alpine is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Apache County, Arizona, United States, in Bush Valley in the east central part of the state. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 145.
Alpine was settled in 1876 by Anderson Bush, who built a log house originally known as "Fort Bush". Bush sold his holdings in 1879 to William Maxwell and Fred Hamblin, Mormon settlers who established the town as a Mormon community. The community was named for its lofty elevation.
Alpine is located at an elevation of 8,050 feet (2,450 m) above sea level in the eastern end of the White Mountains and surrounded by the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. Alpine is a popular destination for hunting, fishing, and camping. Alpine is near the headwaters of the San Francisco River and six miles from the New Mexico border. As of 1960, it was the highest place in the United States where farming was successfully occurring.
Residential Roofing Company Alpine AZ
Finding the right local roofing contractor in your area is easy. Just request your free estimates from the preferred vendor on this website now. You originally came to our website because fo your interest in receiving more information regarding Residential Roofing Company. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed roofers servicing your area. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Alpine AZ roofer at the right price now!
More Roof Top Areas in Arizona